Work with Deschutes Children's Foundation
Thank you for your interest in working with us! Deschutes Children's Foundation is currently accepting applications for a Community Engagement and Events Coordinator.
Job Description: Community Engagement and Events Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
The Community Engagement and Events Coordinator supports the development and execution of the DCF Annual Fundraising, Marketing
Plans,promotes, procures, produces and follows up post-event for DCF fundraising events, including the annual Auction (May 4, 2019) and Charity Golf Tournament (first Friday in October). Manage sponsorship solicitations and recognition; silent auction solicitation, procurement, recognition, packaging; track reservations and ticket sales; produce and manage marketing materials: TV & radio spots, printed materials, print ads; coordinate event logistics. Enlists, directs,and oversees all event volunteers.
- Manages donor and vendor correspondence and legal requirements for events.
- Works with Executive Director to develop and oversee new and occasional events.
- Acts as liaison for DCF with third-party events, ensuring that all tasks expected of DCF in conjunction with
event(s) are accomplished.
- Manages donor database, gift entry processes, report systems, and donor acknowledgments in
- Works in conjunction with Operations Supervisor to ensure
accuracyof donor records and reconciliation with accounting software.
- Manages online social media presence and content, including
e-newsletterand social media channels.
- Manages DCF website and maintains positive relations with
- Troubleshoots as necessary and assists Executive Director and Operations Supervisor with the DCF Admin Computer Network and its associated systems (internet, email, printers, scanner, etc.).
- Generates thank you letters for donations received in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate donor records, tickler files
andother systems to facilitate contact with donors and expressions of recognition and gratitude.
- Assists the ED to develop and execute DCF’s annual development plan, including but not limited to coordinating fundraising activities, appointments, and overseeing timelines.
- Develops and executes, in conjunction with the Executive Director, effective strategies to request and obtain support from individuals, corporations, and foundations, including preparation of written materials, and coordination of and staff support for face-to-face and telephone contacts by Board members and staff.
Assiststhe development and production of fundraising materials.
- Establishes and implements a timely and appropriate donor appreciation plan.
- Provides appropriate feedback and projections to
- Assists Executive Director with direct mail appeal.
- Greets and assists
publicon phone and in person.
- Represents DCF in the community in a positive and professional manner.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of DCF and its mission.
- Supports the Executive Director’s and Operations Supervisor’s efforts as needed.
Physical and Other Requirements
- Available to work increased hours as needed, especially leading up to and during events (early May and early October).
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs; frequent keyboarding and sitting.
- Highly computer literate; identifies streamlined solutions to maintain and track accurate records and timely responses to inquiries and donations.
- Self-starter to master use of DCF computer programs, including but not limited to Word and mail merge functions, Excel, donor database (DonorPerfect), social media, MailChimp, Pixelsilk (website software), and
- Maintains strong, productive working relationships and clear communication with DCF staff, donors, board members and volunteers, resident program staff, and others.
Compensation and Benefits
- Wage range is $15 - 20/hour based on experience.
- Deschutes Children's Foundation offers 10 paid holidays a year, sick leave and paid vacation on a prorated accrual for part-time employees.
This job description is not all inclusive and is subject to change. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned, as necessary. Employment remains at will at all times.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com