Every Kid Fund
The funding cycle for July - December 2017 is now open. Please see applications below for more details.
Applications are due by noon on June 26, 2017.
ABOUT THE EVERY KID FUND
The Every Kid Fund is a unique scholarship program that provides opportunities for our youth to participate in meaningful after-school activities. Project framers determined the best way to build a sustainable program was to gather donations from a variety of sources and establish an investment account. The earnings from the investments are used to provide scholarships for positive after-school activities for kids who otherwise would be unable to afford to participate. Deschutes Children’s Foundation manages this fund, distributing earned income to eligible organizations providing these activities, through a request for proposal process.
The Every Kid Fund is a dynamic, growing resource for children in Deschutes County. Since April of 2000, the Every Kid Fund has provided over 2,300 scholarships totaling over $200,000.
The Every Kid Fund is entirely supported by grants and contributions from private individuals and businesses. To support this unique community resource, contact Deschutes Children's Foundation at (541) 388-3101. Or mail to: Every Kid Fund 1010 NW 14th Street, Bend, OR 97703. We also offer secure online giving.
Parents and kids should directly contact the FAN advocate at their school to apply for a scholarship from the Every Kid Fund. Please be aware that only nonprofit organizations who provide eligible activities can apply for program membership and receive Every Kid Fund dollars. Email Amy Ward for more details.
Nonprofits organizations, please read the information below to see if your organization qualifies for a grant from the Every Kid Fund. If your organization is qualified, you can submit an application while the funding cycle is open.
Specific requirements in order to be considered to receive EKF funds are:
1. Program must agree to complete a report using the EKF provided tracking tool for each youth receiving a scholarship.
2. Program must agree that activities being funded provide opportunities for positive adult role modeling.
3. Program must agree that activities being funded provide opportunities for specific skill building. These funds cannot be used for child care.
4. Program must agree to give DCF an accounting of expenditures at the end of each period funded by completing the Recipient Report spreadsheet.
Only non-profit organizations can receive Every Kid Fund dollars. However, kids can access scholarship money for private lessons through their FAN advocates.
In order to qualify to receive funds for scholarships, nonprofit activity organizations must:
1. Apply for membership status in the Every Kid Fund (EKF New Nonprofit After School Activity Provider Application 2017.pdf)
2. Promote the project by raising level of awareness of availability of scholarships to potential recipients.
3. Request a specific amount for the ensuing six months by a deadline date.
4. Be accountable for expenditures.
5. Agree to certain restrictions on use of funds.
6. Agree not to supplant already available dollars.
7. Agree to certain reporting requirements.
The Every Kid Fund is intended for children not financially able to participate in after school activities. It is the intent of the Fund to identify, track, and support individual at-risk youth, for as many consecutive quarters as is possible. Consistent involvement in positive activities fosters healthier children and young adults. This is the goal of the EKF.
If you are a returning nonprofit after school activity provider, please apply here EKF 2017 Application returning nonprofit organizations.pdf
For additional questions or for more information, contact Amy Ward